Art is everywhere. Whether you’re viewing or creating art there are infinite ways to allow imagination to enrich your life.
Art is music, theater, painting, drawing, writing, dancing, singing, design, architecture, fashion, interior design, and more.
10 Art Benefits for Everyone
1. Improves Health and Wellbeing
Let’s be real. On your journey through life- you will face challenges that can become overwhelming and break you down. Engaging in the arts can help you through the healing process. Studies show that art can aid in improving mental or physical diseases and build overall wellbeing.
2. Builds Brain Cells
• Get smarter. Art education is vital in our schools to increase right brain cells (the creative side) maintaining a balanced mind, body, and soul. In a new TED Talk, neuroscientist Sandrine Thuret, confirms humans can generate new brain cells through activities like art, learning, and aerobics creating a boost in moods, memory, and cognitive abilities.
3. Focuses on being in the Moment
• If you tend to overthink or go through the motions of each day- Art is a key way to focus your mind and body on what’s really happening right now. Remember the past is over and the future has not begun. So in order to enjoy your life to the fullest, you must appreciate the present. Take a trip to the art museum or your local sip & paint class. This leisure time will make you feel more calm and carefree.
4. Creates Aesthetics and Feng Shui
• By being artistically sensible, you can attract more beauty, positive experiences, and love. When a person or space is pleasing in how it looks and feels it creates a branch of philosophy called aesthetics. When you arrange your environment to harmonize the flow of energy it generates Feng Shui, a traditional Chinese system of laws. Here are some ways you can practice these methods. (link to new blog)
5. Gains Inspiration
• To light a fire you must first have a spark. Inspiration is like a spark that lights your purpose. That “spark” of revelation gives you momentum to do something with passion! It’s easier to do something if you truly enjoy it. Inspiration can come from deep within your soul or far out within the universe. Be inspired to think outside the box for new ideas that can evolve our future generations productively.
• One of the souls’ purposes of art is to connect. Historically, people began communicating their thoughts through symbols, images, or gestures. By showing each other what they want or need, they were able to build understanding in their communities. Art is a progressive approach in expressing your thoughts, ideas, and telling stories.
In today’s society, art is used in assisted living homes, therapy, hospitals, schools, businesses and more.
o Someone who’s gone through a traumatic experience may use art therapy techniques to unearth the root of the occurrence or grow towards healing.
o Local businesses design art for logos and advertisements to connect with their customers and keep them engaged. No matter what field your career is in, professionals often have to use creative thinking to problem solve.
o For patients who have Alzheimer’s or health diseases, studies prove that creativity is advantageous outlet to improve their mental, emotionally, and physical endurance.
7. Relieves Stress and Builds Confidence
• It’s time to let go of all that worries you. May it be anxiety, depression, anticipation of time, pressure of responsibilities, frustrations or a difficult situation-
Remember, it’s natural to feel stressed sometimes, but can become toxic if you hold in negative feelings. So- Make time for yourself to relax and play, especially after a long day of work. Learn to let go of your stress and channel it into a positive activity. By finding your favorite creative outlet, such as reading, going to the park, singing in the shower, or learning a new DIY craft you will become happier and more at peace. Being creative alleviates stress and insecurities, making you feel more confident to achieve anything you set your mind.
8. Encourages Self Identity
• Opening up the doors of imagination in your mind and heart, can show you what you are genuinely thinking or feeling. When you have self awareness you gain emotional intelligence and thus, become more in control of your life. Additionally, you expand your motivation, compassion, and state of mind.
• Artistic expression takes you on a road to self discovery where you can reflect on your own personal qualities that make you unique and prosper your self of sense.
9. Influences Community
Have you stopped and
smelled the flowers seen the art?
You may notice art painted as murals on the side of buildings or hanging up in your local coffee shop. Art is proven to increase the quality of communities and create stronger bonds through interaction. Next time your community comes together at an event or fair, be sure to support your local artists. You will get the opportunity to take home something beautifully handcrafted and it will make you feel good for supporting the community, and validate that artist’s purpose. If you feel like there is not enough art in your community you could talk to your parks and recreation program and pitch your ideas.
10. Earns Sense of Accomplishment
When you interpret art, make art, or buy art- you earn a sense of accomplishment. Whether you used creativity to learn something new or work through a hard time the art experience you receive uplifts your self esteem and gives you a sense of pride.
• Art can be meaningful or it can be nonsense or it could be both. You may perceive life and art differently then your neighbor. But isn’t that sort of the main point? When you share your artistic views it creates diversity and overall balance. Hopefully, you find all these benefits of art helpful- whether you do it or not-
THANK YOU FOR VIEWING! PLEASE LIKE • SHARE • COMMENT